Thursday 1 August 2013

Uh oh

I'm in one of those stitching slumps again. A big part of it is because I found a dude. It's a bit of a Long Distance thing. He's been to visit me and we hit it off, now I am off to visit him in September. We are both gamers so yes, a lot of my time is spent playing stuff with him and not stitching, and I am happy.

I managed to finally mail away the last 4 Pokemon and they have since been framed by Tim. He is very happy with them all, and that makes me happy too.


Anyway, heading over to Montreal and I've already scoped out a Cross Stitch store that I am interested in visiting while I am there. I want to pick up a pair of scissors or something to remind me of my first real vacation in 9 years. I am finally at a place in my life where I can do that. I earn enough and get paid vacations now and it's opened up a whole world for me. I'm even tossing around the idea that I want to go to Australia! Me, miss social anxiety and fears everything wanting to go to Australia.

I'm even going to my first concert in 24 years this November. I bought tickets to go see Matthew Good Band. My last, and only, concert was New Kids on the Block when I was 11. Remember them? I can't even remember if I had a favourite one of them, it's been so long ago. That concert was very traumatic for me. thousands of screaming girls and I just did not have a good time at all. I think it really turned me off of going to anything else after that.

On the gaming front, I think I am almost finished with World Of Warcraft. It's been over 8 years since I first started playing back in Norway and then here in Canada. I cancelled my account a few days ago, but it's paid up until September 22nd. We shall see what happens after that. I will be playing Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn when that is launched August 27th. Lets see if that can hold my interest. The dude is excited about playing it, and I have a few other friends showing a bit of interest so we'll see!

So here's to a fun year so far. So many new things happening and new experiences being made.. now if only I could get cracking on some stitching. :)

2 comments:

  1. HUGS finding a dude is awesome, congrats! Now send summa dat luck my way :)

    I only just started playing WoW last year, but am taking a break while I focus on my stitching. Kinda struggle with the game because I just don't have the elite gear, and no one to show me how to do raids n stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met him playing WoW, ironically enough. :) I don't know what realm you're on, but finding a good guild is paramount to the enjoyment of the game. There are some all girl guilds out there which are really nice. On Brozebeard there is Daughters of the Horde, or Daughters of the Alliance (depending which faction you are). When they bring out virtual realms, it might be easier to find a great guild with people who will show you the ropes.

      Delete

I like comments! :)