Sunday 27 March 2016

*wave*

I am trying everything to get back into stitching. My newest idea is to have it out where I have to look at it. thus, after a trip to IKEA and putting the table together twice because apparently you can put the legs on backwards, I have my stitching out where I can see it.


I'm all about that pink. Hopefully this works, otherwise I just bought an expensive tv tray haha.

I went through all my stash recently and donated a bunch to the thrift store that I knew I wasn't going to work on. Last year I also gave the cross stitch group on reddit a bunch of patterns I wasn't going to do/already had done (but man, that was expensive in postage!)

I found patterns and fibers I don't even remember buying! One of the funny things was that I've been eyeing up Nora Corbetts Wisteria fairy for ages, and after going through my things, found the pattern, all the beads, and all the DMC/specialty threads for it. Oops. For about a year I was randomly buying patterns and whatnot that caught my fancy and then stuffing it in the ALEX drawers thinking I'll get around to sorting it out sooner or later.

Oh yeah, and since the last post, We moved! I really like the new place, though the area is a little more unsavory than I'd like but it was the only place that would allow all our pets! I went out with the old unmatched furniture and in with the new! I also went bold with the walls in a pink that is very in your FACE! Not all the walls, just one and a half. The other walls are painting in a very light gray. the curtains are gray and my bedding is gray, while all the new furniture is white to try and offset the boldness of the pink haha.
The bums
And I added some new artwork (Thanks to Etsy!)

Overall, I am very happy with the move! it feels so fresh to be out of that house and into something a lot smaller and easier to care for.

So from here on out I am going to try and keep up with stitching and updating. I really do miss my craft and I need to make time for it. I have three days off after work today, hurray!




1 comment:

  1. Yay, you're (sorta!) back! It's good to declutter stash you're not using. Makes more space for the stuff you love.

    That is a lot of pink, more power to you! I'd do everything in blue or yellow if given half a chance. :D

    ReplyDelete

I like comments! :)