Friday 8 April 2011

yipee

Stitching Bits and Bobs order came today! Totally wasn't expecting it since the last order took a month to get through customs. But it's here, and I am happy. This is the last of my birthday shipments!
2 Kelmscott needle minders, a Kelmscott thread keep, a Puffin Company magnetic thread keep, and 3 packs of my favourite JJ platinum needles size 26.

I also went to Michaels' today to check out what they did with their cross stitch section, since I heard from another community that they were phasing it out. Well I went to mine and yeah, all the kits were pretty much gone and replaced with scrapbooking crap (yes, crap!). They did still have their DMC floss and accessories like that. I bought 3 threadbox organizers, and lots of bobbins. I want to organize my threads better since right now they're basically in plastic baggies. Of course, I have over 200 to wind LOL. What am I getting myself into?

When I got to the cashier I asked her what was going on in the cross stitch section and she said that they were going to overhaul the whole thing. So there will still be stitching things, but as for kits and whatnot, I have no idea. They're not phasing out the whole thing, though, she said she asked them.

Oh, I'm also trying out a craft glove. I've been having a lot of problems with RSI in my right hand from all the stitching, so I bought a thergonomic (whatever that means) glove. We'll see how that goes.

That is all for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments! :)